Saturday 2 January 2010

Happy New Year!
Parts of the world are currently in chaos.

But right here in this good ol' "prime residential area" (I'm being sarcastic here!), that's not actually in the middle of Singapore, some Very Cheeky Monkeys decided to hotfoot it over and clamber over my neighbours' gates, fences and rooftops just for fun.

One of my neighbours decided that he didn't mind standing practically in the middle of our street waving his (Rather Expensive Looking) golf club at them.

And making very loud PSHAW and PSHOO noises at the same time.

I wonder what he does for a living, his house is pretty big.

Also, I got conned by two fat boys selling Magnolia ice-cream door to door, ostensibly to help their ailing, cancer-stricken mother.

Well, I'm not sure I really got conned - isn't it awful to lie about your very own mother being ailing and cancer-stricken?

Everyone in my family made fun of me though. PoBe's comments took the cake:

YOU GULLIBLE CLOWN!

You're mad, i swear, too nice already.

HOW TO BE LAWYER LIKE THAT?!


I was touched, though, when my father specially came up to me after we got home from dinner to tell me not to become cynical.

Happy New Year, from the monkeys and me and the two fat con-boys.

No comments: