Friday 25 September 2009

Glorious Anticipation
(and a vaguely idolatrous-and-emo sounding post)

I love that phrase - and I now have a chance to use it! Say "glorious," "glor-ree-uhs," so it's got three syllables and not just two as when you say "glor-ryus."

Forgive me for the horrible phonetics.

I spent most of yesterday in Glorious Anticipation, knowing that The Hour was Finally Going To Come, The Hour where I would see A*Mei LIVE. And after sodagreen left the stage at Fort Canning, the feeling heightened considerably, with me jumping up and down and screaming "A*MEI WO AI NI!!!!!"

And even though she sang a whole lot of rock songs from AMIT and looked really tired from the heat, her voice was Amazing. Just being able to hear and see her LIVE was Amazing. I screamed and screamed and jumped and jumped and was Really Tired after that - and Even More Tired after doing the same for Jacky Cheung, though not as much. He's only a few years younger than my mum (ooh, she won't like me revealing her age like that, hurhur) but he was Still Amazing, as Amazing as he ever was in J's VCD of one of his concerts, and what I've watched on YouTube.

But my heart, of course, is with A*Mei.

谢谢你。你美妙的歌声为我的生活增添了好多不同色彩和感情。尤其是我搭巴士和地铁的时候,和我晚上要睡之前的那些时刻。


Thank you, for your lovely voice has added many different colours and emotions to my life. Especially when I'm taking the bus or the MRT, and in the moments before I drop off to sleep at night.

Listening to some of her songs always takes me back to Beijing, and those long bus rides to and from school, or just to wherever. And, funnily enough, it makes me think of Chinese people and culture.

The whole experience was Glorious, I tell you. Simply Glorious.

Now to wait for her next Singapore concert.

***
EDIT:
I should put down what CY said: I'm sure it'll be a*mei-zing!!!

As I've repeated ad nauseum, it most definitely was.

No comments: