Tuesday 29 September 2009

Jon's Birthday Celebrations, Part 2
No, there are no pictures. I'm sorry but I was rushing out of the house and I didn't bring Tenny with me (AND I also have no patience to wait for pictures to upload!).

We had what you might think was an Extremely Boring UnBirthday time, but I still think it's worth blogging about because after we each had a lovely burger at Blooie's at Rail Mall - though my bacon cheese and mushroom tasted suspiciously like the Mushroom Swiss from BK in parts - and ice cream at Frutta La Viva (down with Udders! Lots of alcohol does NOT equal good ice cream) we hastened to my house to . . .

WATCH BOYS OVER FLOWERS!!!

Alright, I know I dissed the show a couple of posts back, but my mum and I tuned in the other night and found it more interesting than before. Maybe because they've stopped bullying poor Jin Sicao (that's Geum Jan Di to you).

Also, I found out that my mother had no idea that Meteor Garden was based on a comic strip. And that Jon had no idea that Boys Over Flowers is essentially a much better version (but that's just my opinion) of the Taiwanese Meteor Garden.

And after Boys Over Flowers ended, because Jon had to wait for the beer he had after dinner to get out of his system, we watched the last episode of Full House.

What a sweet boyfriend I have!!! Although I don't think this is going to happen very often - our Saturday excursion was also a kind of make-up for the fact that we couldn't have dinner on my birthday because I was sick. He also pointed out to me he felt exactly like I would have if he'd made me sit through 2 hours of pole-vault on YouTube.

Point taken.

I think I'm going to bring my mother to watch Rain when he comes, purely for entertainment purposes - and she needs to have an Aunty-Killer Outing at least once in her life.

And after Full House, we watched some of Jacky Cheung's Odyssey Tour footage because one and a half hours of him on Thursday just wasn't enough. That, at least, we BOTH enjoyed.

So endeth our birthday celebrations.

***
What I'm currently doing now has made me unable to write in anything other than bald facts. Too bad. But then again, that makes it that much easier to voyeur, doesn't it?

No comments: