Thursday 4 June 2009

The Silliest Invention of All Time
Has to be the High Heel. Check this site out for the history of the high heel.

And I am second in silliness only to the woman (yes, it was a woman apparently, according to the above website) who first used them fashion-wise, for thinking that Hush Puppies heels would not give me foot ache. Granted, they were probably the most comfortable pair of high-ish heels I've ever worn, with their really fantastic in-soles - but they were just a tad too high.

I've given up. I bought a pair of shoes with slight heels from Anna Nucci in Harbourfront, last night after work, and my feet have been Very Happy since.

***
The following email exchange should amuse you. Names have been witheld to protect the not so innocent.

Me:
Wah I think I'm the only one who eats the meiji biscuit. They seem to be restocking more often now that the turnover rate is higher than last time. But still a lot less than the cream cheese one. Can go and see the 19th floor pantry.

Fellow Suffering Pupil at Law Firm Which Shall Not Be Named:
Nooo I cannot go to the pantry and see. I'll end up taking more lexus biscuits. I ate 3 packets already. Abit paiseh cos the librarian keeps seeing me eating biscuits. He even asked me whether I had eaten lunch

Me:
IT'S YOU!!!!!!
IT'S YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha I was wondering why the tin looked so depleted. I think the secretaries/associates/lawyers have moved on to higher class snacks. Like pocky.
Oh no I just read your email in more detail and now I cannot stop laughing haha the first time round I missed the part abt the librarian!!!!
HAHAHHAHAAAA!!!!!!

FSPaLFWSHNBN:
Haha lucky for you it seems nobody else eats meiji so the stock doesn't go down so quickly. And also I have no dustbin so its not very nice to have so many lexus packets lying around.At least I don't steal the higher class food (like ovaltine) which I think they have to pool money to buy!

Me:
Ok la I think I'll buy stuff and put back. Haha

FSPaLFWSHNBN: Haha erm are you serious? I think no need right. One ovaltine packet only

Me:
I stole biscuits the other day! Like a wang wang. Haha!

FSPaLFWSHNBN: Haha. I thought you only ate meiji. Anyway I'm sure they wont begrudge a few packets for a poor pupil

And you wonder why you have to pay lawyers so much money.

No comments: