Tuesday 17 February 2009

I Heart You Part 2, Also Incorporating West Is Best Part 2

Check out the stingray, chin chow (sugar syrup boiled with pandan!) with fruit cocktail and sambal kangkong. The first and the third led me to have two Spectacular S**ts on Sunday morning, barely one hour apart.

But it was worth it.

Next time you Westies need a colon cleansing, you know where to go - Bukit Timah market

I dare you to say there's no good food in the West.

I was very pleased with my red velvet cupcakes as well - oh the wonders of the vinegar and baking soda trick! - but less pleased with the Wilton silicon heart-shaped pan which Abi brought back from the States for me. Maybe I should be less lazy and cut out little squares of greaseproof next time, I thought the bottom of the hearts were a little too sticky. But I put them back in the oven for a bit, bottom side up, and they were okay after that.

As you can see, also, the hearts didn't really look like hearts, but maybe that was because the batter rose a little too much for them. The round ones, however, turned out perfect.

Jon's card was also really cute - you pulled both sides of it and it opened up. Didn't take a closer picture of it so you can't see the cool effect, but I can show you in person if you wish.

Also see requisite shots from our Singapore River Boat Ride. We wanted to make use of the STB's 2009 promotion, but alas, as reported in the papers today, all 2009 tickets for that ride were apparently snapped up in about 2 hours.

Sometimes I suspect the only reason I like Valentine's Day so much is because I think hearts are really cute. Especially red ones.

The flowers have been in my room for about 4 days now, and they smell delicious.

No comments: