Sunday 10 January 2010

Much Good Part 3, and Exchange of the Week
I've been having some serious issues with Microsoft Word this past week - and I mean serious.

***
D: Hey I sent you already - I didn't change much of it, I just made it so the descriptions at the top of the table appear at the top of every page of the table.

Me: Wow! How do you do that? Can you tell me so I can do it, cause I was editing one version before you sent me this one and I don't want to have re-edit the thing.

D: Just press F1!

Me (suspiciously): Really? Don't bluff me! Or I'll be very sad.

D: Yes yes! Just press F1! Really!

Me: Ok! I'm going to do it now! (proceeds to press F1)

AND. . .

The Microsoft Word HELP dialog box appears on the screen.

D took enough pity on me in the end to tell me how to do it though.

Lenny runs Word 2007 and I'm having difficulties figuring out how to do it on that (so I can impart this useful knowledge to you, in case you didn't know how to). Our office computers run Word 2003, and I think it's one of the options under Tools but I'm not sure.

If you aren't either, and you desperately need to know - just press F1.

1 comment:

YALAN said...

HAHAHA THAT MADE ME LAUGH.