Wednesday 16 September 2009

Nice Afternoon
I had a talk with P just now as we walked to the bus-stop, after our movie at Sinema Old School, along with J, J and S.

I'm too young to have studied at the Mount Sophia campus, but I recognised the buildings from old photographs, and it was nice all the same to be able to share about the long flight of steps leading up to the place, as well as seeing the cross still on what must have been the old chapel.

It's a artsy-fartsy-max place now, and I kept thinking about that episode of The Simpsons where Lisa submits a film to the Sundance Film Festival. That was really funny, and made me wonder what I used to see in watching arthouse films, or becoming so emotionally invested in them. Eternal Sunshine doesn't count, by the way.

Okay, I was just young and angsty and trying to be "different."

Anyway, we watched Please Vote For Me, which I thought was a pretty good take on the Chinese way of life and thinking.

And we also watched seven BAD short films after that (the eighth was okay), simply because we'd paid for them. We laughed and laughed, and I was very hungry after all that laughing.

But the point of this post is to tell you the upshot of the talk I had with P on our way to the bus-stop - ugly food tastes GOOD.

So here is a picture of the Guinness Stout Cupcakes I mentioned in my last post, looking sloppy and oh-so-delicious with (cheap, I used Emborg whipping cream along with Cadbury's chocolate) Chocolate Ganache Frosting. YUM!

Sitting pretty (ugly) in a wrapper with hearts on, in a brown paper bag for R

No comments: