Tuesday 15 September 2009

Jon's Birthday, Part 1
But before I talk about that, I would like to tell you something interesting I realised recently. When you sing A*Mei's Bad Boy at KTV there's one part where the lyrics read "BAD DOG BAD BOY." I always thought it was a typo, because well, you can't trust the source of these music videos, right?

Well, I was listening to Bad Boy again recently and guess what! She really sings, "BAD DOG BAD BOY."

Nevermind the inferences which can be drawn from those lyrics, especially in the light of reports of Singaporean men being abused by Singaporean women.

***
We had dinner at this steamboat place on the edge of Chinatown. It was really good! We had tom yum and herbal soup. There were 5 Js, a K and a C.

I like corn cooked in soup.

And I baked Chocolate Guinness Stout cupcakes with chocolate ganache frosting. Those were pretty good too, if I do say so myself. Dense like a good chocolate cake should be, with a bitter stoutey aftertaste, without the tau cheo overtones you usually get when you drink stout.

If I make them again I'd probably not cut the amount of sugar so drastically. But the frosting saved the day - how wrong can you go with chocolate ganache, anyhow?! Dark chocolate ganache at that, even though it was made with Cadbury's 72% Cocoa, which I bought because it was on sale at NTUC. I also put in a touch of XO from the bottle sitting in the fridge.

That's all.

(What were you expecting? I TOLD you already, the lives of lawyers and lawyers to be all Very Sad One. Don't believe what you see, read or hear about the legal profession.)

No comments: