Friday 8 May 2009

Fantastically Amazing
Jon and I watched If There're Seasons last night, and it was a wonderful experience.

Sure, the storyline was kinda lame and we had cheapo tickets but the songs and the arrangements and the band and the singers (yes, even Joanna Dong who was a little screechy more than once!) more than made up for it.

We walked out of the theatre feeling suitably happified, which I've concluded is a feeling only solid, old-school Chinese pop brings. Electric guitar solos, real violins, kick-ass drums, piano introductions to every emo song - and the loveliest chord changes in the world.

I don't like posting things in another language without a translation or a guide as to how to read it (Jolie, are you reading this!) but I've chosen tonight for my teeth to suffer - I'm wearing my retainers after a few weeks of not doing so, and it hurts like billy-oh; I'm in no mood at all to provide a good translation to a Chinese song which has become a new favourite. So you'll have to make do. If you can't read Chinese, I'm sorry. Blame your elitist blue and white education.

秋心賦
海無邊 天無際 無邊無際無盡期
風淒迷 雨絲密 殘淚滴
人遙遠 心思念 思思念念只一個妳
不回憶 又回憶 空回憶

心上秋 何年何月漸漸染上眉頭
眉上秋 早已積成心上憂
心上秋 何時再與那年的妳聚首
等是愛 盼是愛 望是愛
問年月 何年月 恨年月


It's in fan ti, so happy guessing. To me and you, both. But it's a fantastic song, especially Bang Wenfu's arrangement (vocals and instruments) for the musical. You can always copy and paste and Google the title of the song. Qiu1 Xin1 Fu4 (that SHOULD be it).

***
Alright, I've decided to take pity on you (there goes the pot calling the kettle black) - and good music must be shared. So here's a cover of it I found on Youtube.



I have never been prouder to be a Singaporean!

***
I was just reading through some of my old entries and I realised I never let on about how I caught up on all the episodes of The Little Nyonya which I missed when I was on my family holiday!

It was Dear Abi who set her DVD recorder to record all those episodes, and who sat through them all with me - laughing very loudly at the saddest, most dramatic bits.

How I do seem to love putting exclaimation marks at the end of my sentences nowadays.

I tell you, it was that Teo Cheng Wee article about how using '!'s in SMSes has come to be a sign that one's "OK!", and '.'s, a sign that you're not!

No comments: