Thursday 5 March 2015

Rant (ignore if you only read this because you think I am a Shiny Happy Person)

I don't usually like ranting about things online, but something happened which has made me extremely angry, and because I don't think I can ever be honest with the people it concerns, I am going to talk about it obliquely here. It's annoying, I know, to not know what or who I'm talking about, but that's the way the cookie crumbles - and maybe, just maybe, I'm becoming a crazy SAHM. Let me know if you think so.

What I want to say is this:

The sacrifices parents make to do things - other than looking after their families and working - which they feel are meaningful, are real. Besides having to makes plans for the time they are away from their spouses and children, they put in effort to make sure they are giving their best in whatever thing that is, and it's not nice when you belittle these efforts just because they don't meet your standards. Which, in the context I'm talking about, don't matter all that much, and are actually not even your standards to try and enforce. These standards you have do matter to some extent, because we should desire excellence in our service, but this is an environment where we should be encouraging one another to love and good works, and your attitudes have and will continue to alienate others, like me, who are willing to serve and participate in the community. The message you are sending is that because one is not as good as you, or is unable to carry out something according to a standard you have set, that person should just not participate entirely. Surely this is not right. 

Okay I'm going to stop and pray about it before I fall too far into bitterness. Chicken roulade for dinner, and here's hoping things will look up. 


No comments: