Tuesday 19 February 2008

missing you, missing you
honestly, i currently feel like i'm not going to miss much in singapore except the following (in order of most missed):

1. running (wouldn't you have guessed?)
2. my family
3. my mother's cooking
4. ironing clothes and watching daytime tv and lame-ass local sitcoms at the same time
5. playing the piano
6. coffeeshop tea and coffee
7. the ginger garlic sauce one has with chicken rice. but that's easily make-able overseas anyway, provided it doesn't freeze while i'm making it.

chor asked me how i was going to spend my last week in singapore, and various people have told me they'll take me out to eat things i'll miss while i'm away. maybe it's the weather, but i haven't had much appetite of late. i just feel like i want to do more of numbers 1 and 4 on the list, sleep, do some of number 5, come home to number 3. i only hope i'll be able to replicate it somewhat, thousands of miles away in sub-zero conditions (i meant my mother's cooking).

i'll probably start missing people properly, and a lot more once i'm in beijing.

***
i'm looking forward to going away because there's nothing that's really holding me back here in singapore, not while jon's in india. i'm not even really thinking about what i should or should not expect from my next five months in beijing (which might be a good thing) - a part of me just wants it to be july. it's been too long and i've forgotten what holding his hand feels like.

actually that's probably why there isn't much i really feel like i'll miss now. home is where the heart is, and not all of mine's in singapore.

1 comment:

jolie. said...

there's a gym across the street from our house!