Saturday 15 December 2007

that way to the phone hospital
so sonny's been out of it for over a week, and i'm using my grandmother's old phone now (very hard to use, it's an extremely old sony ericsson) and later on i'm going to get an easier to use phone from shannon - who apparently has four spare ones, don't ask me why.

***
me: okay i don't really need my phone but i would just like to know what's happening to it
(i mean, wouldn't you? sonny's been through so much with me! and he's survived numerous falls)
sony ericsson guy: i'll make sure someone calls you
me: yes, not you, someone with the quotation please? (see below for why i said this)
SEG: you mean i cannot call you?
me: i have a boyfriend and he will come back and beat you up if you call me

awww so sweet hor.

anyway so just now i rang sony ericsson again for the second time since yesterday, and above is part of the conversation which transpired between me and the guy on the other end. he was quite nice, and i managed to share about my name (chloe mercy) and consequently about God, with him - he told me i had a "very interesting name," and after sharing about God he laughed and told me not to preach. "we can be friends but don't be preachy please." to which i responded "no lah i'm not preaching i'm just saying that God is real you know you know..." and then i decided i was being weird so i said "nevermind! haha!" don't think he was offended though, just amused.

anyhow, when my mother was pregnant with me she had a tumour but she survived and i came out healthy so they named me chloe mercy to thank God for His mercy to me and to her.

i do like doing pretty (useless) things for christmas. will post pictures of them soon (you wish, how lazy am i).

next tuesday my father is driving us up to pangkor. he has been reminded time and again in the past few days that it's the monsoon season, but he's clinging on to the belief that the weather will be okay because pangkor on the other coast of malaysia what.

***
mother: YOU! you left your dinner plate unwashed on the counter outside!
father: aiyah, i'm going to wash it now (proceeds to pry himself off the floor in their room where he has been engrossed in one of those "teach-yourself-jazz-guitar dvds)
mother: THE LIZARDS ARE COMING!
father (looks as though he has just discovered the secret of the universe): aha! you're right! the LEE-ZARDS are coming! geddit? LEE-ZARDS!
me: not us, daddy, just you.
father: but if i'm a LEE-ZARD that makes you one too
me: no, it's just you.. you're a grown-up LEE-ZARD, i'm not a grown-up one yet, i can still avoid becoming one for all time.

No comments: