Sunday 2 December 2007

never again
but of course, i might change my mind once i can walk properly again. because there's nothing like running down the CBD with the wind in your hair, watching the sun rise. next time i get to see the sunrise in the CBD it'll probably be because i was stuck in the office overnight.

and there will never be anything quite like a good run.

i had an extremely enjoyable time, and surprised myself by really enjoying my own company for 39 km or so. the first 4 i was running with chao qin and his friend bomby (he has a cool french name which i don't know how to spell, i think that's a short form, it was on the back of his shirt) and when i detoured to the first water point they left me behind.

oh well! i decided not to hero hero and chiong with them - guys leh - and do like the posters said and run my own race.

everything lasted fine from the waist up the entire distance, and i was also pretty surprised that i didn't feel breathless or anything. what's making me think never again is the fact that i am in excruciating pain, waist down. i can't walk properly, and i don't think i can walk for long distances (no shopping yet, BOO!) so please come to my house and visit me for the next few days at least, if you're dying to see me.

oh and i have abrasions too. the pain, when i take showers.

i finished in 4:56:56 although it really, really REALLY hurt to do so. that's the time on my watch anyway, and i know i definitely finished sub-5 because the official clock showed 4:59 hurhur. but i only reached the starting point after 0530, see? couldn't feel the pain in my legs (or feel my legs, for that matter) the last 200m or so - and i was sprinting like anything and wondering when the padang would appear.

well, it did, and i finished in less than five hours like i wanted to and - we'll see whether i'll go through this madness again next year.

i'm very thankful for the lovely weather, and for the sense of camaraderie - the atmosphere was a lot better than AHM. it was nice, when we passed this bunch of poor schoolkids who were there to cheer us on (at 0645), and one of them started singing if you're happy and you know it and the passing runners very obligingly clapped their hands. it was also nice, meeting old friends along the way.

i also saw a couple of philippians 4:13s and i couldn't agree more.

i can do EVERYTHING through Him who gives me strength.

No comments: