Thursday 4 October 2007

for the fourth of october
three years ago today quentin and i led worship at the second last worship we'd ever have as official acjc students. if you count baccalaureate service maybe it was the third last one.

and we sang knowing You, which still remains one of my favourite songs of all time today - because knowing Him is the greatest privilege we'll ever get to enjoy on this earth.

all i once held dear, built my life upon
all this world reveres and wars to own;
all i once thought gain i have counted loss
spent and worthless now, compared to this:

knowing You, Jesus, knowing You
there is no greater thing;
You're my All, You're the Best,
You're my Joy, my Righteousness
and i love You Lord.


quen was shocked i remembered - but yes, it's a nice memory and one i shall always treasure. a half-hour of peace amidst the tumult of the wild, restless sea that was life then.

No comments: