Saturday 3 February 2007

it's funny how you can be friends with people for so long yet not know them, really. take me and tim, for instance. i had a perfectly nice day with him yesterday, like the first time we really really went out in our four-year friendship (which is pretty long, if you think about it) and there are so many things i didn't know about him, like, totally, oh wow!

tim: i buy vogue you know. well, okay i bought it once.
me: [silence]
tim: and gq, and men's health. . .
me: oh right, that's the one with the fitness tips.
tim: yes, and they repeat the fitness tips in a year's time you know?
me: you buy it often enough to know?? (i was really shocked. i didn't think ANY of my friends were the sort to read men's health HAHAHAA)
tim: well, yes. . . it's cheaper than vogue. and gq.

i've probably severely misquoted him but too bad.

tim: hey do you think that sweater is nice? (we were walking past fox at marina square)
me: which one?
tim: the pink one on the model in the picture.
me: the girl???
tim: yes.
me: errr, tim, it's a girl sweater. and it's pink. hello?
tim: but i want a pink argyle sweater!
me: isn't that kinda gay? (i'm sorry, i have very set notions about what guys should or should not wear. pink is probably alternative-macho or something but uhhh.. give me navy blue or grey any day)
tim: no. . . i like pinks that are mellow. (that was absolutely the first time i've heard someone describe a colour as "mellow")

he's a closet fashionista. we are SO going shopping. he wants to get wooden hangers because wire hangers make your clothes stretch.

and because i think this conversation with jon is funny - we had it on msn.
me: i got accepted for china exchange!
jon: HOW
me:shen me dong xi!
jon: i meant HAO

No comments: