Friday 21 August 2009

Assaulting Your Senses
Between the last post and now, I have finally found on YouTube the songs which have been haunting my waking moments for the past few weeks.

Of course, no one ever watches YouTube videos other people post on their blogs, but I'll take the chance.

If you have a grandmother who watches a lot of daytime Chinese TV you'll definitely know these songs. Don't bluff me that you don't okay?!

And I have no idea what they're singing about - I barely understand Hokkien - I have to read the fan ti lyrics.

Above each video is what I call each song when I sing of their greatness to Jon, who has to listen to me belt out the only lines I know ad nauseum. I shall make an effort to learn to sing the Hokkien.

WA MENG TI WA MENG TI


AAAHHH JI AI NI YI JI LANG


And then I'll be an Absolutely Intolerable Friend to have.


***
Watching Korean dramas has made me miss Beijing. Going to school in Changping, especially. And street food. Definitely the street food.

Had an almost taste of Beijing on Tuesday when we went to eat steamboat in Chinatown after tutorial. Unfortunately the ma2 la4 was more la4 than ma2, which was not only most un-China but resulted in Glorious S**ts (in the plural. I am gross, I know) for Jon and myself. I'm not sure about the other people involved, but you can ask them. It's quite likely they suffered the same fate, seeing as Jon and Other Persons Who Shall Not Be Named probably downed close to 50 beef balls between them.

No comments: